2511 line break

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Tue Jul 27 04:28:05 UTC 2004

On 27 Jul 2004, at 08:10, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:

> if there is an ssh enabled ios (i presume thats an cisco 2511), then
> you could do an flash and mem upgrade before login.

There are ssh loads for the 2511, because I've downloaded them and
loaded them onto 2511s before. There are no ssh loads for the 2511 that
allow you to actually use ssh with a non-null cypher without triggering
watchdog timers on the router though, last time I checked. The 2511's
small brain is easily overwhelmed.

I don't have any 2511s in my network right now, but (unless I'm
mistaken) ssh isn't an option for remote access to those routers.

Joe