SPF deployment by Oct. 1 ?

Edward B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Mon Jul 26 21:36:05 UTC 2004

JDF> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:05:33 -0700
JDF> From: J.D. Falk

JDF> I'd be extremely surprised if anyone were planning to block
JDF> all mail from non-SPF-using sites any time soon.  However,
JDF> it'll still be useful as an additional data point in a
JDF> filtering decision process.

Kind of like using blacklists or <whatever> as an input to a
filtering process.  We don't block based on any one list's
output, but we [currently] track 19 DNSBLs -- plus sender IP...
I'm looking forward to SPF to provide another data point that
hopefully will provide a strong correlation.

Eddy
--
EverQuick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/