SPF deployment by Oct. 1 ?

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Mon Jul 26 21:05:17 UTC 2004

On 07/26/04, Gerald <gcoon at inch.com> wrote:

> > http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/07/22/HNmicrosoftid_1.html
>
> Does it strike anyone else as odd that they would be encouraging the use,
> but not have SPF setup yet for the primary domains they are known for yet?

	From that article: 'Sender ID is a proposed technology standard,
	backed by Microsoft, for verifying an e-mail message's source. It
	combines two previous standards: the Microsoft-developed "Caller
	ID," and the Meng Weng Wong-developed SPF.'

	Here's Hotmail's Caller ID record:

	http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spam_senderid.mspx

--
J.D. Falk                            "...one of the worst signs of our danger
<jdfalk at cybernothing.org>                       is we can't imagine the route