SPF deployment by Oct. 1 ?

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Mon Jul 26 15:51:26 UTC 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, John Bittenbender wrote:

> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/07/22/HNmicrosoftid_1.html

Does it strike anyone else as odd that they would be encouraging the use,
but not have SPF setup yet for the primary domains they are known for yet?
AOL is leading the way by publishing their SPF records. I can understand
not implementing the blocks or delays yet, but publish the records ASAP.

I think this will be the next best thing in E-mail. I'd love for that date
to be August 1 though.

FYI SpamAssassin 3.0 has / will have SPF checks built in.

Gerald