VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jul 22 21:45:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:04:24 EDT, Mark Kosters said:

> Has anyone done any studies to prove this conjecture? If this was
> true, maybe those registries who do perform this particular service today
> ought to slow down their update frequency.

And lose share to the one who doesn't slow down?

I seem to remember the biggest reason for the flood away from the monopoly
registrar when *that* floodgate opened was that the other registrars promised
updates "this day rather than this month".

(And yes, the whole .com/.net/.org/.biz landscape is enough of a mess that the
comment applies to "registries" as well as "registrars" - a local radio station
has 'wrov.cc' because 'wrov.com' is a domain in Korea)...