Surge Protection

Mike Nice niceman at att.net
Thu Jul 22 20:35:29 UTC 2004

 ----- Original Message -----
 > We have since purchased some polyphaser surge protectors.

   I'll second the polyphaser as a good product.  We put it in a POP in the
 base of a 460 foot tower and the equipment and it survived unscathed for at
 least 5 direct tower lightning hits that we know of since 1998.   There
were
 13 DS1's that sometimes popped fuses at the demarc during a strike.  The
 Polyphaser stuff protected but the hits were never big enough to cause it
 fail in a shorted state after strikes.

   They have  a web site
 http://www.polyphaser.com

     It must still be installed according to proper engineering principles
 for best protection.  They have some great engineering references on their
 web site.