Traffic Volume Manager ? (Previously: RE: Regional differences in P2P)

Hendrianto Muljawan muljawan at siemens.com
Mon Jul 19 09:11:28 UTC 2004

Hello,

the discussion here is getting interesting for me, because people are
talking about not only capping the Bandwidth but also capping the volume
of the traffic sent by a customer.

So far people are used to do the capping of bandwidth with a Bandwidth
Manager device, which does traffic shaping based on e.g.
application/protocols, etc.

Now, since we are talking about capping on the volume, what is the
product available on the market which can do both bandwidth and volume
capping ?

thanks,
Muljawan