Looking for recommendations for Datacenter off CA Faultline

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sat Jul 17 00:16:29 UTC 2004

Nicole wrote:

>  A company I work with (who's servers are located in the San Jose, CA) is
> looking to setup some backup servers at a datacenter whose connectivity and
> location is off any faultline, or away from other malady, that might effect its
> main servers datacenter or connectivity. Problem is, they also want them as
> physically close as possible.

We just had an earthquake here in Nebraska.  Maybe you want to look
around New Madrid, MO.

>  Might anyone have any recommendations for datacenters and or ways I can best
> determine this?

Are tornadoes and lightening an issue?

>  It does me no good to go to a datacenter whose connectivity also comes
> from the same peeing points or fiber that would be effected or take down a
> data center in South Bay. Despite being off faultline.

The CoE is pretty strict about what we dump in the river, so I
don't think there are any peeing points that would be useful for you.

>  Hopefully I have worded this coherently.

Ummmmm......

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio