Crackdowns don't slow Internet piracy

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Jul 15 13:26:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:27:01PM -0700, Michel Py wrote:

> That's what I meant, thanks for rephrasing. $10M a year is definitely
> something that any size company will try to save; I remember posting
> here not that long ago that a $500k line card is definitely something I
> do not buy without a good reason.

*Gasp* You mean ISPs are finding that their customers actually want to use
the service they're paying for? I'm shocked and appalled! Next thing you
know, someone will be saying that customers are actually signing up for
high speed Internet service specifically because they want to use it to
transfer things. How can we stop this travesty, as quickly as possible?

Folks spend all this time whining about the need for the "killer app" to
create more demand for the service, then when it finally comes along they
whine about how hard it is to support the service with people actually
using it. You can't have it both ways.