OT: xDSL hardware

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Tue Jul 13 22:09:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any ISPs here that are Covad partners that have
found a need to terminate a DSL line alongside a T1 for backup.

The problem I'm finding is that the Covad-supplied/approved routers are
fairly feature-less, making any type of backup application impossible
without some ugly hacks (put DSL in bridge mode, run ospf across both
links).

Is anyone aware of a WIC card that will work with the lower end Cisco gear
(1700 or 2600 series) that will allow me to terminate an ADSL or
preferably an SDSL line directly on the router?  The idea being that the
router is then aware of link up/down status...

I found an ADSL card (WIC-1ADSL), but Covad is unable to tell us if this
works with their dslams or not.  I seem to recall an SDSL modem with a
v.35 interface, does anyone know of such a thing that will work with
Covad's dslams?

Sorry for the OT...

Charles

--