Problems with private justice (was Re: Spyware becomes increasingly malicious)

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue Jul 13 11:57:25 UTC 2004

<oops>
I just realized that I incorrectly quoted William Warren instead of
Brian Battle in my previous post. Sorry guys, cut/paste casualty.
</oops>

> Sean Donelan wrote:
> Could this be a Joe job by someone who doesn't like the
> owners of Cool Web Search? The owners of the Cool Web
> Search company deny they are the creators nor affiliated
> with the creaters of the CWS trojans. Maybe they are
> lying. Maybe other Joe jobs have lied too.

Good points.

> I don't have all the facts.  Maybe someone else does.

Yep, the guys that write the Trojans :-D

As Brian says:

> Brian Battle wrote:
> The authors of these coolwebsearch variants are
> extremely intelligent programmers with far more
> understanding of the bowels of the windows
> platform than your average script kiddies.

The problem I have is not with understanding of the bowels, but with the
ability to produce bowel movements.

Michel.