Spyware becomes increasingly malicious

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Mon Jul 12 03:24:19 UTC 2004

> Sean Donelan wrote:
> Spyware isn't the best term for what is happening, but it
> is quickly exceeding (or contributing) to all the other
> problems associated with the online (not just Internet) world.

Indeed. Lately, I have not been able to clean a very annoying piece of
crud named "CoolWebSearch". Spybot will not always detect and never
remove; Ad-aware will likely detect but not remove either. None of the
other crapware removers I have tried could clean the machine either.

I have instructed helpdesk not to waste any time with it and
systematically re-image the infected PC :-(
Fortunately, re-imaging a PC is now a matter of minutes.

Michel.