OT: Re: Critters

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Sun Jul 11 16:07:06 UTC 2004

Cats and Spiders, Ha !

I was involved with the construction of a radio telescope  in the Spitzbergen settlement of Ny
Alesund, Norway (78 degrees 56 minutes north).

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/vlbi/images/telbig/nyales.gif

Staff were assigned Colt 45 revolvers because the area was frequented by Polar
Bears - up to 400 kilos, able to run faster than a person, and (so I was told) with
an annoying habit of appearing between you and the front door if you went to take out
the garbage. Just about every year they would get a trekker or two.

Reliance Infocomm is installing 80,000 km of fiber in India. I wonder if
they have any tiger stories.

Marshall