VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

David A.Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Sun Jul 11 03:45:43 UTC 2004

On Jul 10, 2004, at 7:35 PM, Mike Lewinski wrote:

> David A.Ulevitch wrote:
>
>> I'm appreciative of this change -- but fyi, they aren't the only TLD
>> operators doing this, there are quite a few doing near-instant
>> changes to their respective zones.
>
> I just registered a new .org and it had visibility from external NS
> not more than 15 minutes later (I would have paid closer attention to
> just how long it took, but didn't even think to check on it until
> reading this thread).
>
> Maybe I just got lucky and hit their update window (I registered ~
> 3:15AM UTC on 11-July-2004 fwiw). Anyone know the status of .org
> updates?

Nope, .org is run this way also (since the handover to udns, if I
remember right.  I don't know of a comprehensive list of tld's in this
setup but I would say that the list is only growing...I learn of tlds
running in this fashion every once in a while[1].

-davidu

1: not to imply any connection to when I notice it and when it is
actually implemented. ;)