VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Fri Jul 9 19:21:17 UTC 2004

> Verisign doesn't get a refund from ICANN ...

Deepak,

First, the fee to ICANN is on the order of $0.20/per, as opposed to the
fee we registrars pay to VGRS, which is on the order of $6.00. Second,
the fees paid by both the registries and registrars is subject to some
negociations, which is presently happening with much more energy and
vigor than usual, since ICANN wants to really grow its budget this year,
at the expense of the ... registrars and registries.

Eric

Oh, I just submitted a xfr on a hijacked domain ... sigh.