VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Fri Jul 9 21:06:33 UTC 2004

>>The window to be notified and respond probably just shrunk by an
>>enormous factor. Everything is hijackable.
>

> I wasn't aware you got a notification upon hijack...

You may... you may not. If you don't its definitely a hijack. If you did
and you were able to prevent it, its not a hijack. It really depends on
the registrar I think.

As far as cancelling domains purchased with jacked credit cards...
Verisign doesn't get a refund from ICANN or whoever if the domain is
cancelled after the first two weeks or something... so why should
Verisign cancel the domain when it helps their total-domains-registered
rankings and THEY had to pay for it.

DJ