VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Fri Jul 9 19:41:30 UTC 2004

At 03:20 PM 7/9/2004, you wrote:
>time.  After the rapid DNS update is implemented, the elapsed time
>from registrars' add or change operations to the visibility of those
>adds or changes in all 13 .com/.net authoritative name servers is
>expected to average less than five minutes.

Very cool! Kudos! This is good news from Verisign on NANOG for a change. :)
Does this also apply to domains with other registrars? From your message
wording above, it appears that is the case which is great news. Does this
apply to authoritative name server changes as well? Also, does this apply
to customers who have had their domains suspended due to non-payment? That
is always tough for our support desk to tell a customer they need to pay
their bill to registrar X then wait 24-48 hours. If this will end that mess
too, that's even better.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey