[WAY OT]: concern over public peering points [WAS: Peering po int speed publicly available?]

Williams, Jeff jwilliams3 at tiaa-cref.org
Thu Jul 8 16:30:23 UTC 2004

Not really a "WTF" on my part, but...

Many years ago I was hand tracing a cable in a data center due to the usual
lack of docs and ensuing spaghetti factory.  Said cable went under the three
foot raised floor, so I dove in.  I'd been going for a while and was getting
concerned that I'd accidentally gotten hold of the wrong cable, so I called
back to my co-worker to give it a tug.  No response.  I decided to come up
for air and try again.  I had crawled under two equipment rows and into the
operator area and I can only imagine what that operator thought was
happening when I just popped up through the floor next to her.  Judging by
the yelp and the look I got it was probably not good.  Still gives me a
chuckle thinking about it.

Jeff