concern over public peering points [WAS: Peering point speed publicly available?]

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Jul 6 09:40:10 UTC 2004

> In any case, I am going to pull a randy here and strongly encourage my
> competitors to deploy this "ethernet over ceiling tile" engineering
> methodology.

Funny thing is, that there are lots of competitors doing
what randy "strongly encourages" them to do and they
stay in business.

I think it's all a question of scale. If you are at the
top end of the scale or if you seriously intend to get
to the top end of the scale, then it's good to be anal
about these things and strive for the absolute best
practice and most scalable engineering. On the other hand
there is limited room at the top and most people are
happy to run a business on a somewhat smaller scale.
One size does not fit all.

--Michael Dillon