[Fwd: [IP] Intriguing Progress of China's IPv9 Network Technology]

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Fri Jul 2 13:30:38 UTC 2004

> China's New Generation Of IPv9 Network Technology Ready

> At the New Generation Internet Ten-Digit Network Industrialization &
> Development Seminar held on June 25th at Zhejiang University, it was
> announced that China's Internet technology, IPv9, had been formally
> adapted
> and popularized into the civil and commercial sectors.

This has nothing to do with April Fool's jokes.

http://www.tianyigroup.com/group_e/company3.htm

On the other hand, the China Communications
Standards Association doesn't seem to have any
info on IPv9 but it has lots of stuff about IPv4
and IPv6.

My guess it's some independent initiative like
Realnames. http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2164841
And will likely meet with the same success.

--Michael Dillon