MCU/UUNet routing issues / packet loss this morning?

Erik Amundson erik at myevilempire.net
Thu Jul 1 10:20:54 UTC 2004

Hello NANOG!

Is anyone having routing issues or packet loss with MCI/UUNet today?  I have
an AS701 connection at my orginization, and we've had thousands of customer
calls starting at about 2:13AM CDT.  We've shutdown 701 as a peer because
traceroutes seem to expose some packet loss and delay as soon as you enter
UUNet's network.  We're going to open a trouble ticket with MCI/UUNet, but I
am wondering if other people are seeing the same issue?

- Erik