Impending (mydoom) DOS attack

Chris Behrens lists+nanog at cbehrens.cnc.net
Sat Jan 31 00:05:51 UTC 2004

I believe the only route to SCO comes via us, XO, to a customer of ours who
provides bandwidth to SCO.  We've been in contact with our customer and they
have been in contact with SCO, discussing precautions we can take.  I think
we're relaying the results of those discussions to our major peers.  Since
I'm not directly involved, I will say no more...but at least you know we
are trying to do something.. :)

I would gather that you are correct in that if SCO's site cannot be reached..
in a way that connections have to 'time out', it would reduce the volume of
traffic and the rate of packets.  Windows would be waiting for the SYN ACK
and not looping very quickly..

- Chris

--
Chris Behrens