CIsco 7206VXR w/NPE-G1 Question

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Fri Jan 30 23:49:07 UTC 2004

> alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> flow-based means router's performance is based on number
> of flows established, and first packet of each 'flow' is
> processed differently [slower] from all other within the
> flow, and things like nachi will kill it.

That would be where the NPE-G1 would be better than an RSP8; however
what I don't like is when you rely on the internal switching of the
NPE-G1 you end up creating a 1-slot router with the PAs then becoming
substandard additions. I understand that money is an issue, but the
original question was about backbone use and I would rather go with a
7603 or a 7606 instead of a 7206VXR.

Michel.