Impending (mydoom) DOS attack

bcm bcm at inkline.com
Fri Jan 30 21:18:03 UTC 2004

Is anyone taking any special precautions given the potential for a sudden increase in aggregate packets per second across your networks come Sunday afternoon when the original Mydoom virus enters into its DOS phase?

Does anyone know if the virus' assault will be slowed if it is unable to reach www.sco.com?  I am hoping that if it cannot reach SCO's site that the HTTP GET command will be slow in returning, effectively reducing the volume of traffic a single PC is capable is generating.  I am having a difficult time artificially forcing the virus to start its attack in a lab environment, so I am unable to confirm this.

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!