MS is vulnerable

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Jan 29 17:53:28 UTC 2004

(Setting Reply-to: nanog-offtopic at lists.blank.org ....)

> From: "Matthew Kaufman" <matthew at eeph.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:31:58 -0800
>
> > This MS v Unix debate is a very interesting discussion.
>
> To some of you. To others of us, it is a long-dead horse.
>
> > However, I'd like to take a moment to inject my observations.
>
> I'd like the NANOG list to be restricted to Network Operations
> issues, or at the very least, Network Operations plus the politics and
> ranting thereof.

And this is why we have the nanog offtopic list at

nanog-offtopic at lists.blank.org

>From a previous message In March 2003:

> This seems like an apropos point to remind people of the existance of
> nanog-offtopic at lists.blank.org.  All of the friendly bickering with
> the people you know and love and/or loathe; 100% less of the
> annoying-of-Susan and people-looking-for-operational-content.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks
Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

"The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."

When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as
one...  the sky's the limit.

Just because "We've always done it that way" is not necessarily a good
reason to continue to do so...  Grace Hopper, Rear Admiral, United
States Navy