Any 1U - 2U Ethernet switches that can handle 4K VLANs?

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at five-elements.com
Sun Jan 25 21:10:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 14:44, Will Hargrave wrote:
> I would check the Foundry Fastiron series - maybe the 4802. Everything
> I've read appears to indicate they support all 4096 vlans
> simultaneously, although you will of course want to verify this.

I don't think this is true. Those of you with BigIron units know that
(at least in m3 supervisors) they support only 512 vlans at most. I do
not think the older, and generally less capable, FastIron switches are
likely to support more.

The command to check this on BigIron is `show default values`.

--
Jeff