sniffer/promisc detector

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Thu Jan 22 07:38:52 UTC 2004

> Yes.  But making a bomber "stealth" means designing it to be difficult
> to detect by an opponent.  It doesn't mean painting "I am Not a
> Bomber, I Am The Ice Cream Man" on the side and hoping nobody takes a
> second glance at it.
This works as well. 6 years ago we set up faked telnet services, which
writed out login/password and reported 'no more processes', run a few faked
telnet sessions (so that sniffers could record them) and then tracked an
attempts to login. 'I am ice cream man' is a pretty good idea.

Of course, if anyone will do it., Internet became some kind of 'Made man
house' (it is already, isn't it?)