Outbound Route Optimization

Tom (UnitedLayer) tom at unitedlayer.com
Wed Jan 21 22:30:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 12:27:16PM -0800, Jim Devane wrote:
> > "Are these devices able to effectively address the need?"
>
> Sugar pills effectively address the needs of a great many ailments when
> given to people who believe that they will work. And if the end result is
> an addressed need, who are we to say that it wasn't worth paying for. :)

That sounds like a yes answer.
That being said, the Sugar Mountain RouteMaster5000 is probably the best
unit out there. It has lots of blinking lights, and sets the "low latency"
bits on most types of IP traffic that needs high prioritization over
regular internet traffic. It can speed up your network traffic up to
%1000, but the results may vary depending on your packet mix, and in that
case, it doesn't change your traffic patterns at all.