Nachi/Welchia Aftermath

Donovan Hill lists at lazyeyez.net
Wed Jan 21 08:42:25 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 12:07 am, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Donovan Hill wrote:
> > Where do the Extreme and Juniper fit into this?
>
> Juniper do not make L3-switches so they dont really compare.

Others have said that too, but given where Junipers are used, I think they
sneak into the same category as the Cisco 6500/7600s and other high-end L3
switches.

> Extreme i-plattform is currently destination ip based with inital cache
> lookup. (guess this is flow based)

I guess I just don't understand the architecture. What I really don't
understand is _why_ you'd bother with flow-based architecture over
prefix-based architecture..... am I looking green yet?

(If this isn't appropriate on-list, then feel free to reply off-list.)

--
Donovan Hill
Electronics Engineering Technologist, CCNA