What's the best way to wiretap a network?

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Wed Jan 21 08:34:42 UTC 2004

On 21.01 09:24, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

>  From the initial discussions in Sweden around the new electronic
> communications act, it seems as if the operators are obliged to provide
> tapping free of charge. If this turns out to be the case, I guess it is
> pretty much the same all over Europe as the law is supposed to be based
> on a EU framework.

Slightly off topic:

This is being fought by ISPs and civil rights groups all over the place here.

It is amazing how much brain-damage is defended by "EU Framework" these days.
It is also amazing how much national politicians and  pressure groups can
assert things about *neighboring* countries that are blatantly wrong or
totally out-of-date. In the EU political structures and processes still
have to be built; it is a new thing.

Daniel