sniffer/promisc detector

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Mon Jan 19 16:28:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Scott McGrath wrote:

> The question here is what are you trying to defend against?.

If that question was directed at me, I am just checking to make sure
nothing is new on the packet sniffing / detecting scene that I haven't
heard about. It also seemed to me to have been a long time since the
subject of detecting packet sniffers was brought up. (not just on NANOG)

I know there are ways to get around being detected, but I'm just trying to
make sure I'm doing my best to catch the less than professional sniffers
on my networks.

Gerald