sniffer/promisc detector

Wojtek Zlobicki wojtekz at idirect.com
Fri Jan 16 23:01:35 UTC 2004

Since all sniffers I know of are passive devices, there really shouldn't be
a way to track one down. From a Cisco standpoint, if I were mirroring a
port, and had a sniffer mirroring the sniffer port, I would see traffic of a
unicast nature with multiple unicast MAC destinations destined at a
swithport with only one MAC address cached.