Looking for power metering equipment...

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Thu Jan 15 16:26:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:17:56AM -0500, doug at nanog.con.com wrote:
> I'd like to find some small, cheap ammeters.  I only need a readable
> analog dial for current, no SNMP or anything fancy.  I'd like to be able
> to hardwire one to each individual circuit going into the racks.
>
> Anyone know a candidate?

As odd as it sounds: Radio Shack makes some little wattmeters that can
show current, wattage, voltage on its single outlet, for something
like $20-$30 (I forget, I bought one a year or so ago to play around
with).  Digital readout though, not analog.  One annoying thing:  no
reset button for the cumulative stats, only powercycle will clear it.

mm