Looking for power metering equipment...

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Thu Jan 15 06:33:52 UTC 2004

Preamble: We run a colocation center. We sell power to customers.

Question: We are looking for something that sits in the PDUs or branch
circuit-breaker distribution load centers, that, on a branch-circuit by
branch-circuit basis, can monitor amperage, and be queried by SNMP.

Considering there are several hundreds of circuits to be monitored, cheap
and featureless (all we need is amperage via SNMP) is fine.

Looked at things like Square-D PowerLogin stuff, but thats very pricey,
and does about 30x what we need.

Pointers? URLs? Experiences?

Thanks.