/24s run amuck

Daniel Golding dgolding at burtongroup.com
Wed Jan 14 20:22:34 UTC 2004

This was always a bad practice.

One of the major networks to do this is Gone. Another had rewritten their
policy to say something along the lines of "should advertise X amount of
address space in aggregate or the equivalent". I don't think anyone still
measures by prefixes alone. It was always the sign of cluelessness amongst
those setting peering requirements.

- Daniel Golding