imagestream vs. Cisco

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Wed Jan 14 18:11:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 09:23:35AM -0500, Alex Yuriev wrote:

> Imagestream uses Cisco list prices to sell their wares. No sane person that
> buys from Cisco pays list price.
>
> If one wants to complete with Cisco in a router business, they cannot claim
> that it costs $3411 to get 2x T1 router by Cisco or that 7507 chassis is
> $21,700.

That might be true, but have a look at the following article: they
outperform a 26xx. (Ok, I admit, a 26xx is not a power-monster, but it's
in the same price range as the small rebels)...

http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/2003/0714rev.html

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium