GSR, 7600, Juniper M?, oh my!

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Jan 7 17:06:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Michel Py wrote:

> not trying to defend the 7500 platform, it's obsolete all right.
> However, free is music to my ears.

What about longer term maintenance issues? Is the 7500 not scheduled for
EOL from Cisco 'soon' ? So, purchasing 7500 bits that might be dropped by
'normal' Cisco support in 1 year versus purchasing some other hardware
that will be in support longer might pay out in the longer term?
---

	Well technically buying a used 7500 doesn't entitle you to run IOS
on it, so you need to re-license the Ebay Special and that usually costs
close to what a new 7500 would cost. Anyway, on to the reason for my post.
I've heard conflicting reports, is a 7206 faster at packet switching than a
7507?

	Some people tell me it is a better router, some people tell me it
isn't.

Feh.

-Drew