GSR, 7600, Juniper M?, oh my!

Burns, Keith Keith_Burns at icgcomm.com
Wed Jan 7 16:09:51 UTC 2004

If you are after copper aggregation and broadband user feature support, you
might also want to take a look at the Cisco10000. Not sure of its POS
capabilities, but depending on your density, might be cheaper $/port than
the 7600.

Heard mixed reports on the E-series from Juniper (software mainly, so it
does depend on what you try and do with it), but if you want line rate ACLs,
QoS etc, hard to go past the M-series (spec. M10i, M7i).

OT: love the doilly comments on the 7500. I'll have to ask Mum to make me a
few...

Keith Burns
Principal Network Architect
ICG Telecommunications
IP Ph: 303-414-5385
Cell:   303-912-3777

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan rolls on...."