[SOT] IP management tools

Rich Sena ras at thick.net
Wed Jan 7 15:29:33 UTC 2004

I know this has been hashed here before... But I think there is a
different twist to this...

I'm looking for IP management tools that also tie into DNS and RADIUS or
LDAP.  We have some home-grown products that have been written for our
specific requirements but it's become a chore to maintain.

What we are looking for is this...

IP allocation and accounting.
DNS tie-in for Dynamic DNS functionality
Ability to assign permanent leases from a common interface (DHCP server
back-end tie-in)
We perform  a MAC-based authorization for DHCP and would like to keep that
functionality
We would also like to continue this as we implement 802.1x in the future.

Does anyone have some insight into what tools to look at...

Please respond off-list - if there is enough interest I will summarize to
the group...

Rich Sena - ras at thick.net
ThickNET Consulting
"On the way to understanding; you understand, and forget."