Out of office/vacation messages

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Jan 4 21:16:03 UTC 2004

1.	MTA is unlikely to create a user-agent header (unless it's really
	broken).  Stephen's comments seemed to be directed at MUA where
	the initial statement was about MTA.  I, frankly, agree that no
	self-respecting network operator runs an MTA on M$W, but, I also
	feel there are a lot of network operators that demonstrate little
	self respect by running M$W MTAs.

2.	I do understand that there are a variety of reasons someone may feel
	that they _HAVE_ to run am M$W MUA, and, for those people, I feel
	sympathy and encourage them to join the resistance.

3.	Vacation messages you see would also be from people on nanog-post,
	since, if you aren't on nanog-post, your vacation message will
	get dropped and not be posted to the list.

Owen

--On Friday, January 2, 2004 11:31 AM -0500 Joe Abley <jabley at isc.org>