ICANN/Registry Agreement:

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Feb 27 01:35:54 UTC 2004

[It isn't important who] wrote:

> It gives Verisign/NetSol the ability to generate exclusive profit from the
> hijacking of every non-existant domain name in existance.  No other registar
> could do something like this without paying for every last domain they take,
> or could they ever do anything like this due to the fact that Verisign/NetSol
> controls ALL of the TLD servers for .com and .net.

..."hijacking of every non-existent domain name in existence."

..."non-existent ... in existence."

Several people have said things like that in recent times.  Including
me, I'll bet.

What exactly does it mean?

(Yes, I know.  We are talking about the fact that strings submitted for
lookup that have not been registered as names would not be cause an
error to be returned.  And that is clearly a lot more words, if not a
clearer description of the problem.  We need a wordsmith to give us a
short string that can be converted into a useful TLA.)