New Draft Document: De-boganising New Address Blocks

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed Feb 25 03:59:15 UTC 2004

> Timothy Brown wrote:
> I disagree with the view that it is a hack.
> It's no more a hack than using a DNS feed;

I concur with this. Besides, from the pragmatic side of the "consumer",
if it does solve a problem (albeit short or medium term) I don't care
much if it's a "hack".

Hint: all this bogon or related filtering is not a long-term solution.
We need it now, but the long term solution is some kind of
authentication that will allow only the rightful owner of a block to
announce it.

Michel.