[IP] VeriSign prepares to relaunch "Site Finder" -- calls

ken emery ken at cnet.com
Tue Feb 24 15:59:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Jason Nealis wrote:

> FWIW,  We had PAXFIRE in over here last week and heard their dog and pony
> on the product, basically they make money by using your customer base and
> diverting them to a search page that they developed with their "partners".  Of
> course they only divert them on failed www lookups.

Okay, they are lying here.  There is no way for them to tell if something
is a "web lookup" or some other type of lookup at this point.  Unless
of course they only divert www.*, and even then other types of services
may be provided by a host with a name of www.*.  So they really can't
make this work without breaking sometihng.

bye,
ken emery