[IP] VeriSign prepares to relaunch "Site Finder" -- calls technologists "biased"

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 21:44:56 UTC 2004

I'm probably on my own here but I dont think its that bad an idea.. seems like a
decent way to earn some money, of course you may create some bad press and upset
some customers but doesnt everything.

At least we the operators are left in control, and even end sites always have
the option of running their own dns servers in order to bypass their provider,
this isnt possible with wildcards in the verisign root.

I also did a comparison in my head but this is also not comparable to
fragmentation of the root so nothing broken there either.

Steve