T1 Customer CPE Replacement?

Sean Crandall sean at megapath.net
Mon Feb 23 21:27:49 UTC 2004

We have tens of thousands of Netopia's in service for our T-1, SDSL and ADSL
customers.  Netopia has been a great company to work with.  Their devices
are fairly feature packed for what is needed on an edge device.  They are
missing advanced routing such as OSPF and BGP, however.  The devices are
either driven by an easy to use menu system or you can hit ctrl-n and jump
to the CLI.  If the unit is under warranty, then getting a replacement for a
failed unit should not be an issue.

I can't say what our failure rate has been, but I can say that with all of
the options out there (cisco, efficient, etc), if they had been a problem,
we would not still be shipping them.

-Sean

Sean Crandall
VP Engineering Operations