Anycast and windows servers

Patrick W.Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Feb 20 01:06:08 UTC 2004

On Feb 18, 2004, at 10:43 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:

> How well does Anycast work with Windows 2000 or XP servers?  Is the
> Microsoft OSPF implementation good enough to use or do people port
> another
> routing implementation?
>
> Yeah, I know about Unix/Linux.  All the large scale anycast deployments
> I know about are on unix, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it
> using windows.

Honestly, I do not know about OSPF (or BGP) on Windows, however, you
can just static route to the Windows box(es).  Sure, if the OS hangs,
the interface will stay up and the static route will still push bits at
the dead box, but it will work (FSVO "work").

Besides, how often does Windows crash? <snicker>

--
TTFN,
patrick