Anti-spam System Idea

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 16 04:33:38 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:00:08 CST, Stephen Sprunk said:

> For those interested, the IRTF's ASRG is actively studying anti-spam
> techniques and I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing all of your ideas
> (after you verify they haven't been tried before).
> http://www.irtf.org/charters/asrg.html

Also read: http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/you-might-be.html
It's quite vicious but true - if you have re-invented one of the schemes
mentioned in there, it probably won't be well received unless you include
with it *both* of the the following:

a) An indication that you've read and understood the literature describing why
the idea was shot down the last time it was suggested.

b) A *new* way of dealing with the issue that eliminates the difficulty.