Anti-spam System Idea

Christopher L. Morrow chris at UU.NET
Mon Feb 16 01:59:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Jon R. Kibler wrote:

> To me, the approach you advocate is something like saying "do away with any centralized
> law enforcement, force everyone to carry guns, and if anyone suspects that someone
> else is committing a crime, they are obliged to shoot them." I believe that blocking

So, what Sean is proposing, and what you accurately describe (mostly) here
is how the Internet is intended to be run... Minus the 'and the people
running the systems should be "smart" or "careful" or "considerate"' of
course.

There was never any central control/enforcement for the Internet, and time
and again Governments have been shown that its next to impossible to BE
that central enforcer... With the exception, possibly, of China though one
could successfully argue that their firewall isn't working so well if
hundreds of thousands of hosts on their networks can get compromised and
flood out spoofed ip datagrams, eh?