Interesting BIND error

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Thu Feb 12 22:52:23 UTC 2004

On 12 Feb 2004, at 16:52, Brian Wallingford wrote:

> We've been seeing the following on all of our (9.2.1) authoritative
> nameservers since approximately 10am today.  Googling has turned up
> nothing;  I'm currently trying to glean some useful netflow data.  Just
> wondering if this is local, or if others have suddenly seen the same.
>
> Seems harmless enough, but the logging is eating a disproportionate
> amount
> of cpu.

I'm not a BIND developer, and I don't have a good answer to your
question.

However, it may be worth mentioning that the most recent production
release of BIND 9 was version 9.2.3; while you're spending cycles
wondering what's up with your 9.2.1 install, you might as well burn a
few more and upgrade :-)

Joe