SMTP authentication for broadband providers

Alexander Kiwerski akiwerski at winstar.com
Thu Feb 12 20:49:14 UTC 2004

Well, over here we have gone that route, and we're a National ISP/NSP.

Customers can either A) Run their own mail servers, which makes them
responsible for the use (or abuse) of their own mail server, or,
B) If they choose to purchase mail services from us, we require
authentication (via SMTP_AUTH) to send/relay out.

Alexander Kiwerski
Senior Network Engineer
Winstar-IDT Network Operations & Security
Desk: +1 206 574 3121
Mobile: +1 206 571 0274